What is Atactic Polypropylene?
Atactic polypropylene, referred to as APP, is an amorphous and rubbery thermoplastic material. It is used primarily in bitumen modification and adhesives. APP is available from on-purpose production (APAO), as a byproduct of polypropylene production (APP) and as a produced-to-specification synthetic compound. This material is available in Homopolymer, Copolymer, and Terpolymer forms.
Description of Goods:
Atactic Polypropylene (APP) is a by-product obtained during the manufacture Polypropylene (PP).
Polypropylene is a thermoplastic resin produced by polymerization of propylene.According to the arrangement of methyl groups, there are three kinds of isotactic polypropylene, atactic polypropylene and syndiotactic polypropylene.
Chemical Name: Atactic Polypropylene APP
Color: white or Light yellow transparent granular
The product has the characteristics of high viscosity, strong elasticity, good drawing, strong dispersion, sublimation and no smell.
1. It is used in high-temperature spinning masterbatch manufacturing to overcome high temperature spinning and easy to sublimate, producing peculiar smell and other shortcomings.
2. It is especially suitable for the dispersible lubricant for the special mother material of polypropylene, polyester and nylon spinning.
3. Excellent electronic components fixing agent.
4. Mature as a carrier in non-woven fabric filler.
5. Hot melt adhesive base material and sealant.
6. Asphalt modification, asphalt roof bonding and diaphragm.
7. The plastic mixture and the color masterbatch industry, as the carrier and filling materials, such as calcium carbonate, talcum powder, carbon black, etc.
8. Carpet back glue and fiber stabilizer.
9. Cable filling
10. Grease additives.
Average molecular weight
The tensile strength
Softening point Flash point
Softening point Vitrification temperature
white or Light yellow transparent granular
White transparent or translucent.
Colorless or light yellow transparent.
Theory Viscosity(177°c), cP(mP·s)
1) the color masterbatch, the filling mother grain industry and other plastics mixtures industry, as the carrier and filling materials, such as calcium carbonate, talcum powder, carbon black, etc.Random add a certain amount of polypropylene (70-85%) made of calcium carbonate filler masterbatch APP in the machining process of polypropylene, polyethylene and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) can be a very good role, adding quantity generally up to 20-50%.The plasticity, toughness and elasticity of the filled plastic are improved, and the production cost is reduced.The polypropylene, which is filled with an APP for filler, can be used to produce packing tape, tear film, flat wire, woven bag, revolving box, hollow container, etc.
2) used for hot melt adhesive base material, sealing material, modified coating, paper packaging, etc., chemical stability is good, not easy to oxidize and discolor.
3) asphalt modification, asphalt roof bonding and diaphragm, APP modified asphalt waterproof rolling material.It is characterized by the superior thermal resistance of modified asphalt.The modified asphalt products with APP improved the anti-flow ductility at high temperature, especially the anti-crack performance at low temperature, and improved the adhesion, flexural flexibility, toughness and cohesion of asphalt itself.
4) carpet back glue and fiber stabilizer.
5) cable filling, electrolytic capacitor core group fixing agent, electronic insulation material.
6) grease additives.
Packing & Storage:
Packing:20 kgs paper carton
Storage:Keep it in airtight containers and dry,cool and dark place.Damp-proof,far from fire and no contact with corrosive matter.